Saturday, February 14, 2009

Hail to the Ch(i)ef

Well, it's Mardi Gras yet again on the island, which means an annual invitation to Mona's (a coworker of mine) Mardi Gras celebration.  Every year the island has three parades on Saturday and we take Milo to our friends house right on the Seawall.  Milo has a blast watching the floats and gathering beads (no flashing, just good clean fun in the parades, get informed!) while we partake in good company and food.  This year a coworker of mine had stumbled across the much famed Bacon Explosion and suggested we contribute to the pot luck.  Well, I thought to myself how could we celebrate both mardi gras and the recent bicentennial of Abraham Lincoln's birth?

With Bacon-ham Lincoln of course!


Be warned The Emancipation Porklamation* is both patriotic and delicious.  Democracy never tasted soooo good!  Check out the pictures of both our creation and the festivities!

*deliciousness may cause heart attack and/or stroke!


Before the man went into the smoker


Carving the 16th President


Milo's bead haul


Mardi Gras Galveston


Milo Hamming it up - no pun intended


3 comments:

Alan said...

almost thou persuadest me to celebrate the Mardi Gras...


that's a remarkable bacon-lincoln!

Christy Gunnell said...

Wow Brad. I had flash backs to that bust of Joshua Chamberlain you made for my 5th grade English project. You are quite talented. I wish I could have had some of that bacon-lincoln. And I love the picture of Milo. That's a ton o beads!!!

Andrea McEntire said...

The bacon explosion totally rocked at the BBQ. Mike and I were big fans of the edible heart attack.